Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's the Perfect Color!

When we moved into our new house (yay!!!) there were a few seagull yard ornaments in the front yard. I'm not big on yard ornaments (probably because I've never owned a yard) and most likely wouldn't choose seagulls to decorate it. (I think "Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine." from Finding Nemo) So I was just going to throw them out, but in the meantime I just moved them to the side yard.


Abby & Bean were spending all their time in the side yard and I could not for the life of me figure out why, when we finally have a big yard and a sand box, would they choose to spend all of their time in the rocks and sidewalk on the 5' x 6'-ish space on the side of the house. Then one day, I noticed that the seagull had a large rock between its wings. Then I heard Abby talking to the bird on another day. And it dawns on me. "Oh! She digs the seagull!" So the seagulls have been spared. But I had to put my own little spin on them if they were to live in our yard, so I spray painted them in high gloss paint. The two small ones are black & white. Abby chose the color for the large seagull.


Purple seems to be the color she favors most these days.
The birds live in the back yard near the play house.

5 comments:

honey said...

:) She's so darn cute~!

Sally's World said...

perfect, you need a whole bunch of them in bright colours....

Trojan Gayle said...

Glad to have you back and it appears that you have been one busy bee! I hope your move to your new home hasnt been too stressful.

Looking forward to your future postings and your pictures on both blogs!

Keep telling your story!

Trojan

B said...

So cute! Good thing that you didn't throw them away before realizing how much she likes them!

Gloria said...

Wish you had been MY mother!!!! Adorable . . . !!