Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Today I am thankful for so many things.
But specifically here on The Gentle Giant, I am thankful for:

* Breakthroughs big and small.
* Milestones reached, even if they are a year or two after
all the baby books said they would be.
* Hearing my girl say, "I love you, Mom!" even when it is followed by, "Now can I have cheese?" when it's an hour and a half past bedtime and she is reaching for some other way to stay up a little later.
* Realizing how "typical" that type of behavior is and relishing in those typical moments.
* Meeting such wonderful people throughout the blogosphere who encourage me to carry on, both in life and in my writing.


Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I hope people will take a moment to view Thanksgiving through the eyes
of the Native Americans and not the Pilgrims.

The Native people who were displaced from their homes and massacred all in the name of Manifest Destiny and "religious freedom".

While I always take time to count my blessings and give thanks on this "holiday" I also try to think honestly about the Native people of this beautiful country and remember them today in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will, too.

No comments: