Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Abby's Quotes of the Week

Abby's language skills continue to progress beautifully.
Here's a few Abby quotes that made me crack up!

I'm sitting at the dining table working on the computer as usual, and I look over at Abby who is playing with a plastic Easter egg in the living room. She is smiling with one half of the egg in each hand, scratching the inside with her fingers. I smiled back at her and asked, "Are you playing a little song?" She answered excitedly, "These are my turntables!" Really? Her turntables? I know I listen to hip-hop quite often, but how in the world does she know what turntables are. I'd be willing to bet D.J. Lance from Yo-Gabba-Gabba has something to do with it.


Abby's second quote of the week came about while I was changing Bean's diaper today. I made some psychedelic cupcakes (inspired by Kotori) for their Uncle Erik's birthday. (I took pics of the process and might get around to posting them by his birthday next year) The kids ate the last of them yesterday and the food coloring made for some interesting diapers from Bean. So today as I was changing a particularly colorful diaper, Abby said, "Bean's poop is chartreuse." And she was spot on! It was totally chartreuse. Here's some cool examples I found of chartreuse for your viewing pleasure. I left the image of Bean's diaper to your imagination. You're welcome!


I broke the cardinal rule of blogging, by forgetting to give you the source for these photos.
I apologize and if you know, please let me know, so I can give credit where credit is due.


No comments: